Strategic Intentions 2012 – 2015
GOAL: KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE AND RECOGNITION
Objective: NLN.ON will enhance knowledge exchange and the recognition of nurse leaders.
- For 2012-2015, NLN.ON will continue to sponsor its annual conference
- By December 2013, NLN.ON will host a series of webinars, and evaluate their success.
- By December 2013 NLN.ON will develop a multi-faceted approach for recognizing/ profiling successful nurse leaders.
Objective: NLN.ON will recruit and retain members through activities targeted at CNEs/CNOs and mid-career nurse leaders.
- By December 2014 NLN.ON will establish focused communication with hospital CNEs/CNOs in Ontario to encourage them to promote NLN.ON membership in their organizations.
- By December 2015 NLN.ON will identify and implement a strategy to retain mid-career nurse leaders’ membership.
Objective: NLN.ON will collaborate with RNAO on selected leadership initiatives.
- By June of 2012, NLN.ON will present its strategic plan to the RNAO Board
- By September 2012, NLN.ON will meet with the RNAO Executive to discuss specific options and opportunities.
GOAL: BOARD CAPACITY
Objective: NLN.ON will enhance Board capacity for the purpose to promote Board efficiency and effectiveness.
- By June 2012 NLN.ON will contract with an agency or individual to provide governance education for new Board members.
- By the March 2013 Annual General Meeting, NLN.ON will present by-law revisions that ensure compliance with Bill 46.
- By December 2012 NLN.ON will establish a resource pool of at lead 12 members who can assist in executing the strategic priorities, represent NLN.ON if/as needed, and occupy future Board positions.