CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
NLN.ON BOARD OF DIRECTORS
FOR TERM OF OFFICE: 2023 – 2025
Effective governance depends on the right mixture of skills, experience, personal qualities, and diversity among the members of a Board. Through the nomination and election process, directors reflect a complimentary balance of experience, knowledge and skills that can contribute to the ongoing success of NLN.ON.
There are currently 3 board positions open. The positions that need filling are Treasurer, Secretary and Co-Director Membership.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be an NLN.ON member for two consecutive years.
- Direct experience in a leadership role (formal and informal) within any of the domains of nursing practice (clinical, administrative, education, research, or policy)
- Direct experience in a leadership role (formal and informal) within any of the various sectors or practice settings (public health, primary care, acute care, complex continuing care, rehabilitation, long term care, and/or community/home care)
- To participate in monthly virtual Board meetings
- To participate on Board subcommittees as required (Communications, Finance, etc.)
- To be aware of issues facing nursing leaders locally, regionally, and provincially
- To promote a forum for the creation of networks and the fostering of mentorship of NLN.ON members who have a special interest in nursing leadership.
TERM OF OFFICE:
Positions are held for two years (beginning at the AGM) and not more than four consecutive years.
- Nominations must be received no later than FRIDAY MARCH 10, 2023 at 11:59PM EST
- All nominations will be received by completing the following website form.
- The person nominated must be an NLN.ON member in good standing, who is willing to carry out the obligations of the office to which she/he may be elected
- Candidates are required to provide TWO references.
- All nominations must provide a short biography of the candidate of not more than 250 words which covers:
- Expression of interest: why you are interested in serving on the NLN.ON Board
- Background: Brief description of education and experiences that will contribute to your effectiveness as a member of the Board
- Nominations must include a head and shoulders photograph of each candidate
- Information about a candidate and her/his photograph will be posted on the NLN.ON website, during the voting period ahead of the AGM. If you wish to have a video-clip available for members to view, please limit to 2 minutes maximum and submit by the deadline
- Candidates must participate in candidate webinars to be scheduled
This nomination form must be correctly completed to nominate a candidate to one of the above-noted vacant director positions. Candidates may self-nominate or be nominated by someone else.